The University of Austin is hosting The Power of Openness: Improving Foreign Language Learning Through Open Education on Thursday August 9th and Friday August 10th 2012.
The entire event will be streamed online for those who cannot attend in person on campus.
The “Power of Openness” symposium seeks to bring together foreign language teachers, instructional designers, and educational administrators to discuss how to produce a new generation of foreign language materials called Open Educational Resources (OERs).
- CARL BLYTH, Director of the Center for Open Educational Resource and Language Learning (COERLL) and Associate Professor of French Linguistics, University of Texas at Austin
- GEORGES DETIVEAUX, Manager and Faculty Consultant, CyFair Teaching & Learning Center Labs, Lone Star Community College-CyFair
- CHRISTOPHER M. JONES, Teaching Professor of French & Francophone Studies; Director, Modern Language Resource Center; Director, Masters in Applied Second Language Acquisition, Carnegie Mellon University
- JONATHAN PERKINS, Director, Ermal Garinger Academic Resource Center, University of Kansas
- AMY ROSSOMONDO, Assistant Professor, Department of Spanish and Portuguese; Co-Director, Spanish Basic Language Program, University of Kansas
- FERNANDO RUBIO, Department Chair, Languages & Literature; Associate Professor, Spanish Section; Associate Professor, Languages & Literature; Adjunct Assistant Professor, Linguistics; Associate Professor, Latin American Studies Program, University of Utah
The event will start on 10:00am CDT on Thursday and 9:00am CDT on Friday and feature panel discussions and presentations on a variety of topics.
Thank you to Sophie De Pons for the tip.